Covid Precautions at Beauchamp Foot Care
There’s no doubt that these last 12 months have been challenging for us all. The good news is that as a healthcare provider Beauchamp Foot Care is open and patients can continue to book appointments.
Of course, like many organisations, we need to take extra precautions to keep both our staff and our patients safe.
Businesses that provide podiatry and chiropody services are included on the current list of businesses that are allowed to operate during the lockdown. During this time, we’ve been providing our foot care services to patients from across London.
Here, we’d just like to go over what our routine is for keeping everyone safe.
You can still book online if you prefer and our team will come back to you if there are any questions. If you are a new patient, please make sure that you select ‘NEW PATIENT 60 MIN’ as it gives us more time to carry out a full consultation. You can also book appointments by phone on 020 7225 0794.
Please do not book or attend an appointment if you have Covid symptoms or have been exposed to someone who has had the virus.
Protection and Hygiene
To continue to keep both us and you safe, we have introduced extra measures and we hope you will be able to comply with them.
- First, we only have a small waiting room and to minimise contact we ask that you do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment.
- You should come alone if possible. If you have a carer, that person can bring you to the top of the stairs where a team member from Beauchamp Foot Care will take care of you from thereon. The carer will need to wait outside and we will contact them once your appointment is finished. Unfortunately, we cannot allow pets into the building.
- Once you enter the clinic, you will be provided with anti-viral gel and a facemask. You must use these or the appointment cannot proceed.
- Temperatures of both staff and patients are also taken each time they come in.
How the Team are Operating at Beauchamp Foot Care
- We are doing Covid tests on ourselves twice a week.
- We need to ensure that each new patient has a properly sanitised area to come into, which means cleaning treatment rooms, door handles, waiting room furniture and our payment terminal before every appointment.
- We are also leaving gaps between appointments to help minimise any contact between patients who are arriving and leaving.
- We are only opening a maximum of two treatment rooms a day with just 2 practitioners (one in each room) on duty at any one time. This means we are running a reduced service with far fewer appointments during the day.
- Unfortunately, due to Covid precautions, we are not be able to offer toilet facilities during appointments and they will only be available if it’s an emergency.
Sometime in the not too distant future, we should all be able to get back to normal. In the meantime, we hope you understand why we’ve taken these steps to keep everyone safe during appointments and we hope you are all keeping safe yourselves.
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on 020 7225 0794.
All information on this website is for general guidance only and is not intended as a substitute for the personal medical advice of health care professionals or your own doctor.