Some Facts on Toenail Infections
You may think that you are alone as you suffer with toenail fungus or an infection. Below are some facts that you may never have heard that can help you understand the issue more, as well as know that you are not alone!
- In the UK 3 in every 100 people will suffer from some form of toenail fungus/infection.
- People over 55 are more susceptible to nail fungus as are younger people who use communal shower facilities.
- Toenails are more likely to suffer from infection than fingernails.
- An infection can spread from a skin infection such as athletes foot to the nail.
- An infected toenail is thicker and is yellow/green in colour.
- A toenail fungus can cause the skin around it to be inflamed it will look red and scaly.
- Eventually untreated toenails will crumble and bits will come off. The untreated toenail is not only unsightly but will come away and can be very painful and uncomfortable to walk on.
- Toenail fungus/infections can spread from one toe to the others.
Here at Beauchamp Foot Clinic toenail fungus can be treated using the latest technology.
We offer an initial consultation for the treatment of toenail fungus treatment. We are open on Saturdays and have extended opening hours. We are within easy access, based in Knightsbridge London.
All information on this website is for general guidance only and is not intended as a substitute for the personal medical advice of health care professionals or your own doctor.